Be innovative in identifying other items to offer to your guests – before, during and after their stay, that might help make their stay more enjoyable or memorable.
What is there that makes your establishment or offer unique; what do guests ask about or compliment you on, that they might want to take home or share with others? Could you offer any of the following to add a personal touch?
- If you often get asked about local events, or things to do, can you send through some literature with confirmation of their booking, with relevant links
- If you are difficult to find or off the beaten track, can you email directions from Google maps or AA route finder taken from their own postcode to the hotel, (or details of how to get from airports or station if this is more relevant to your target market)
- If they ask for recipes or comment on your menus, convert your signature dishes into a recipe book or leaflet
- If they love your hand-made petit fours, package them up into a gift box to take home
- If you’re a popular venue for celebrating special occasions, offer hand-tied flower bouquets and birthday or celebration cakes
- If your guests enjoy your home made bread, marmalade or other preserves and chutneys, offer them for sale to take home at the end of their stay
- Offer your finest ingredients as an off sale – cheese, meat, eggs, etc., if there is something special about them – locally sourced, organic, etc.
- If your guests love your luxurious bathroom accessories, robes with your logo, and toiletries, offer them for sale (and reduce the temptation to steal them)
- Do you get asked about your unusual crockery? Why not get in more stocks and sell that or make arrangements with your suppliers for direct home delivery?
All these provide that personal touch, and a great talking point from which referrals may well flow. Not to mention a potential source of additional sales.
So think ahead, listen to your customers and pre-empt or respond to their needs. Even if you and you team know it’s all part of your ‘standard’ offer, your guests will appreciate the extra lengths you go to for them to enjoy their stay.
For more articles and resources http://www.naturallyloyal.com/products-resources/Share This: