5 Key Ingredients to Create a Service Culture:
I believe service isn’t just the responsibility of the reception desk or customer service team. Everyone in your business contributes in some way to the customer experience either directly or indirectly (or why are they there?).
So, to create a service culture, where putting the customer first and providing amazing customer experiences needs to involve more than 'sheep dipping' everyone in customer service training.
It must be part of your DNA, to be built into your systems, reflected in your recruitment, instilled in your team, demonstrated throughout the customer journey and delivered by engaged employees.
I see 5 key ingredients that contribute to creating a service culture and enable you to deliver a 5 star customer experience.
Training makes up just one of them...
- Clearly defined customer service brand values and what constitutes a 5 Star Customer Experience.
- A Customer Journey that meets and exceeds customers’ expectations from end to end
- A trusted team who understand your values, the part they have to play in delivering them, and have the skills, knowledge and confidence to do so
- Having systems and resources aligned to delivering the 5 Star Customer Experience
- And finally a team who are fully engaged through strong leadership to guide and support them to deliver a consistently 5 star customer experience
The Customer Experience needs to be a part of your service culture and instilled in everything you do.