Are you wasting sales opportunities in your restaurant or pub?
Yesterday I went to wave on the Olympic Torch as it passed us by in our nearby town. After parking a good 20 minutes walk away and standing in the rain for 20 minutes I was certainly ready for a cup of coffee, as I’m sure were many others.
I knew I’d be passing a pub restaurant on the way back to the car, along with another 200 or so people who’d parked in the same street. So that meant 200 or so cold, thirsty and wet customers.
And guess what?
The pub was closed. What a waste!
Here they had a captive audience, and completely gone to waste. And the next thing is they’ll be moaning about lack of business. Surely for that number of people it was worth opening 30 minutes earlier and making a song and dance about it. After all we all had to walk past on our way to the procession. Juat a little bit of restaurant marketing could have gone a long way.
Even with passing trade there was a great opportunity to drum up business.
What could they have done?
Here are 7 ideas to get some sales:
- Took account of the weather and how people would be feeling on the day
- Put up a welcome board or sign to attract attention
- Organised take away coffee for people en route to the procession
- Put together a bundled offer – e.g. coffee and Danish or hot food to give value for money and upsell opportunity (win-win)
- Joined the other businesses who got press coverage of what they were doing to celebrate (and get on the radar of visitors for potential further business; another win-win)
- Contacted their regulars and existing customers to let them know what they had on offer (easy if you have a mailing list)
- Bothered to open the doors!
I know it’s not rocket science……
For more articles and resources https://www.naturallyloyal.com/products-resources/