How managers manage their team can have a domino effect on your whole business.
When first line managers lack the skills and confidence to lead their team effectively it will be picked up their team, their colleagues and ultimately your customers.
The result is:
- Disengaged and unhappy staff
- A poor customer experience
- Low productivity
- High levels of stress and absenteeism
- Staff turnover
- Frustrated colleagues
- Lack of trust
....And ultimately leaving the manager in question even less confident, so it’s a vicious circle.
"7 Big Mistakes of Employee Engagement"
Avoid these 7 Common Mistakes
Are you (or your managers) unwittingly making any of these 7 Big Mistakes - which result in High Staff Turnover, Low Productivity or Inconsistent Customer Service?
So what's the solution?
Why is it so difficult?
Let’s consider some of the challenges they face:
- Lack of confidence in dealing with performance issues
- Discomfort of managing friends or colleagues they’ve worked alongside for years
- Vague expectations of their team
- Thinking any problems will go away
- Mixed messages when different managers have different standards
- Lack of trust in the team and the ability to let go
- Striking a balance between doing and directing
These are just some of the challenges inexperienced managers face
In an ideal world people are prepared for the role in advance, with a structured development plan.
But of course we don’t all live in an ideal world, and often they take up their role with little exposure to leading a team.
Either way, it’s never too late to start.
Tailored to your needs
Before we do anything we’ll discuss the best options and approach for your team based on their development needs, experience, and preferred learning styles.
* I don’t believe in being a “jack of all trades” so if there is a topic or skill you need that I don’t feel is within my area of expertise I will always tell you, but can usually recommend a trusted trainer who I’ve worked with in the past.
Set up a no obligation call with me today, to discuss your management development needs and identify the best options for your managers and potential managers