Here’s an exercise you can carry out with your team to recognise their strengths.
First, make a list of the members of your team and consider each one personally:
- What is he/she really good at?
- What does he/she love to do?
- When do you see him/her working really well?
- What is his/her greatest talent?
- What do you like or value about this person?
- What do other people in the team value about him/her?
Now look at the team as a whole
- What is your team’s greatest achievement to date?
- What is the team really good at?
- When does your team work best?
- What do other people value about your team?
- Why do you enjoy leading this team?
- What are your team’s greatest strengths?
Having completed this exercise are there any strengths you’ve identified that you can capitalise on to bridge any gaps elsewhere?Share This: