Day 9 in my 12 days of Christmas mini blog series
9. Systems and resources
How often have we heard the phrase “I’m sorry, the system won’t allow me to do that.”?
Do you have any systems in place which make life difficult for your team members?
Poor systems can be frustrating for team members, but also impact productivity, the customer experience and ultimately your bottom line.
Here are a few to look out for:
- No system in place for routine tasks so staff reinvent the wheel every time they carry out similar tasks.
- Not fully understood, so not followed
- Over complicated or cumbersome
- Too much red tape or to-ing and fro-ing that slows everything down
- Unworkable due to lack of time, right equipment, tools, or products
Poor systems or a lack of resources inevitably puts extra pressure on the team, particularly when there is a direct impact on customers…
Resulting in an inconsistent level of service, leaving the customers frustrated or disappointed.
It’s easy for us to become oblivious of how ineffective a system works or poor the equipment when we’re not using it every day. So, ask your team for their observations and feedback.
Very often the simplest of modifications is all that’s needed to make all the difference.